October 21, 2018

Save it for Sunday | 10.21.18

The Highlights


Our last morning together as a family was perfect. Brad kicked off the morning with my 30th birthday surprise and his famous pancakes. We carved pumpkins with "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown playing in the background. I am fairly confident they will be rotted well before Halloween, but it was important to us to do it together as family. I roasted cinnamon pumpkin seeds while Brad worked on a special Halloween costume surprise for the kids. Even on his last day of freedom he was hard at work to make them smile.




Remember Stephanies's birthday celebration when we nearly had to deliver Angie's baby?? News update! Baby Liam listened to his mama and remained cooking until his birth day on October 3rd. He was born perfectly healthy and did not need any NICU time at all. SUCH a relief! Eloise was ecstatic to meet her new little buddy. Just this past Tuesday we were finally able to reschedule a birthday redo and returned to the Board & Brush studio. We were seated at the same table in nearly the same seating arrangement and all admitted to a bit of anxiety returning to the scene. All projects were completed beautifully and nobody went into early labor! With wine in hand we toasted to baby Liam and thanked God for his health and for the incredible bond of our Army family. It was a wonderful night together to gain some closure after such an adventure. Happy endings all around!



Finished Angie's project for Liam's nursery


We tested out a new children's museum near us this week with friends. It was a hit, and I am thankful for the find with winter entertainment needed right around the corner. Eloise loved the dress up corner and all of the art stations. Harvey loved that he was actually encouraged to stick a zillion neon dot stickers on walls and furniture.




Small Moments


Harvey and I ran errands while Eloise was at school on Tuesday. He started to lose his marbles at Kohls, so I tossed a dum dum sucker his way and hoped for a few more minutes to wrap up my shopping in peace. Five minutes later I look down at him and found a member of the blue man group sitting where my son used to be. And he had to be wearing my favorite cream sweater on him that day too. Literally every person we passed from then on laughed and made some sort of blue joke. I texted my best friend Aura a picture during nap time. She said I should have just casually had Eiffel 65's "I'm Blue" (where my 90's kids at?) playing on my phone while we shopped. I spit my food out I laughed so hard out loud at the thought of that. I'm still giggling about it days later.

I have admittedly gotten very spoiled as Brad has been taking Eloise to preschool most mornings lately. He actually really loves getting to participate in one of her routine activities, and I know he was bummed to have to give it up. As I loaded her backpack my first day back on school drop off duty, I noticed a little something had snuck in. I think it will definitely have to stay. Just a little token of Dadford's love no matter how far away he may be and a reminder to be strong.



The Ways We Grew


Harvey is very busy learning his colors and ABC's. Brad knocked my socks off by singing the ABC's for him and pausing every so often to have him fill in the blank. Harvey nailed it! I had no idea he could do that. Harv also asks for "choo choo book" ("Stream Train, Dream Train Colors") for bedtime every night now. He flips every page frantically searching for the green dinosaur page and lights up when he finds it. He also shouts, "GO GREEN" anytime he sees any sport being played. That's my boy! Eloise is having fun pointing out colors and quizzing him. New expressions this week that I love: "watch out," "open that," and "be careful."

Go Green! Favorite Sparty party crew watching the game together on Saturday.

Witt-isms


"I made a flower for my prince!" -E
"Is Harvey your prince? -me
"Moooom. No!" -E
"Well then who is your prince?" -me
"Daddy is my prince." -E

From the back seat of the car after rolling her Kleenex into a ball:
"Mom. This is like an armadillo. An armadillo rolls into a tiny ball and tucks his head in so you can't even see it. That way he is protected from the bad guys." -E
Note: I have never taught her about armadillos. Always surprising me with her smarts.

"Mom, would you like to buy this pumpkin? It will cost 10 monies." -E
*pretend transaction*
"Harvey, would you like to buy this pumpkin? You can pay me in hugs." -E

No comments: