August 23, 2013

5 on Friday

The past month has been all about new friends and many new things to learn, mostly about Army world, but even about the blog world too. My new friend Kristin of Kristin's kNook has been coaching me in the realm of blogging. She got into blogging as one of many means of surviving life in Alaska during her hubby's two deployments. Army wives really are super women! Anyways, Kristin's "blog of food and thought" is just as fabulous as she is, and it has given me some inspiration for my own blog. So here we go, my very first (drum roll please)...

5 on Friday! 
{five things I am currently loving, five things I'm currently hating, or five things that are just on my mind}

  1. Oh so Pinterest-y. So these mythical new Missouri friends I keep bragging about do exist! We got together this week for a lunch and craft date. It seems as though we all arrived to town expecting the worst and are finding happiness in the comfort of knowing we are all in it together...and have an extensive list of Pinterest crafts and recipes to tackle together as well. 



  2. I knew he was good for something. In our first month of full-time cohabitation, I've discovered some thing new I absolutely love about Brad. Don't get me wrong, I've also discovered some things I definitely could have done without. Hence the reason our guest bathroom has transitioned into my bathroom. Sharing a bathroom with a messy man will be a Fort Campbell thing for me (or in my ideal world, a never thing). Anyways, every morning I find my Kindle and glasses not on my own night stand, but on my husband's. The stubborn book worm in me insists every night I can stay awake for just one more chapter. It gives me such warm fuzzies to know I will always have him there to take such good care of me, even if it is just simple things. After all, it's the little things in life that make it a happy one, right?
  3. Seats for eats. As it turns out, dining room chairs are expensive. Welcome to adulthood! But after one too many of our new friends fell through the tops of moving boxes during dinner, we caved (pun completely intended) and invested in solid seating for our company. I'm also considering Oliver and Lola's career in furniture modeling. 


  4. "Oh my gosh, sir!" What a beautiful ring. One year ago Brad received his West Point class ring, kicking off a very fun firstie year. In all honesty, it has been an interesting adjustment here, one that has given the ring we all 'oooh-ed' and 'aww-ed' over a bit of a hiatus in it's snazzy box. We had many conversations even before moving here that the arrogance of a select few West Pointers ruins things a bit for everyone else. My friends have even confirmed that their husbands are not too fond of many (but not all!) West Point graduates they work with. Just as I knew he would, Brad has been doing a killer job of finding the right balance of being rightfully proud of his education but also humble and respectful. We are crazy happy for our friends in the class of 2014 as they receive their rings today!



  5. Rumor has it. Sunday night. NSYNC reunion. Enough said. 

Happy Friday everyone!