December 14, 2016

Bumpin' | 32 & 34 Weeks


How far along? 32 weeks (November 30, 2016)
How big is baby? Honeydew melon, about 16 inches head to toe and 4 pounds
Milestones? All organs are fully developed except the lungs
Maternity clothes? Yes
Sleep? Usually decent so long as I am all set up with my 4,289 pillows surrounding my body, but I am getting up once per night to pee now. For those of you who know me well with my 12-hour-shift-no-time-to-pee, nurse-trained, camel bladder, you know that is significant!
Symptoms? Braxton-Hicks contractions and a full blown waddle have arrived
Food cravings? None
Food aversions? None
Gender? Boy
Labor signs? My body is definitely getting ready, lots of tightening and light cramping going on
Belly button in or out? Flat
What I miss? A body that doesn't ache all over
What am I looking forward to? Getting home and finishing HP's nursery. It has been a challenge to blend Eloise's white, somewhat girly crib with our old playroom furniture to create a cute and cohesive boy room. I think I am a few final touches away from creating a happy space for us all to enjoy. All of his bedding was delivered to Michigan since we have been in transit with moving, and we have been picking up accent pieces here and there since the shopping in Missouri is slim to none. I am itching to get back and see how it all looks together. Pictures to come soon! 
Best moment this week? Lots of fun, friends, and family in Michigan. Once we got the house set up in Missouri we headed north to spend Thanksgiving and the following two weeks with our families. You can imagine how thrilled our moms are to each have us home for an entire week. We are appreciating all of the home cooked meals, board game marathons, and opportunities to shop or see a movie toddler-free thanks to plentiful babysitters.


How far along? 34 weeks (December 14, 2016)
How big is baby? We had some testing done for a little health scare, and luckily our baby is just fine. Thank you to those who have been praying for us! But thanks to the extra peeks at him, we know he is 5 lbs 4 oz right now and therefore estimated to be about 7.5-8 pounds full term.
Milestones? Baby is practicing inhaling and exhaling amniotic fluid to prep for breathing our air
Maternity clothes? Yes
Sleep? Ditto to 32 weeks
Symptoms? Nothing new
Food cravings? None
Food aversions? There is a restaurant just outside of the main gates here called Dr. Phil's Catfish & Ribs. My stomach literally turns every time we drive by. So, apparently, catfish and ribs. No offense Dr. Phil, your cuisine may be excellent for all I know! 
Gender? Boy; our extra ultrasound confirmed our dude is certainly all dude.
Labor signs? Ditto to 32 weeks again
Belly button in or out? Flat
What I miss? Tying my shoes without losing my breath. And the way our beautiful garland looked wrapped around our banister and down the stairs in our Tennessee home. And Michigan Christmas tree farms with big, beautiful fraser firs...not the dinky little tree we were forced to choose from the Lowes parking lot here. Although I will say, I am pretty pleased with how our new house looks all decked out for the holidays!
What am I looking forward to? My mom, dad, and sister spending Christmas in Missouri with us. Eloise seems to be really understanding the joy of the season, and I cannot wait for all of us to see her light up on Christmas morning together. Not to mention all of the usual Rantz family traditions in which we will surely still partake. 
Best moment this week? First of all, ARMY FINALLY BEAT NAVY AFTER 15 YEARS! I surprised Brad and had his best friend from West Point, Shay, come up to watch the game with us. Seeing the two of them experience the historic victory together was incredibly special, and Eloise loved being tossed in the air by Daddy for every point Army scored (a tradition my Dad started with me when I was little watching Michigan State games). Second, arriving back home to our house, all set up and decorated for the holiday. The two weeks of marathon unpacking before our trip to Michigan was definitely worth it. Our visits were wonderful, but my heart is so glad to settle in now, enjoy the holidays including Eloise's 2nd birthday, and wait for our boy to arrive. One last happy note --- Brad and I have been singing the carol "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" to Eloise a lot, so now every time she see's Santa anything she exclaims, "SANTA! COMIN'! TOWN!" It is the cutest, and she is the sweetest.

No comments: