August 13, 2016

Bumpin' | 16 Weeks


How far along? 16 weeks
How big is baby? Dill pickle, about 4.5 inches
Milestones? Baby can see hear us and detect major changes in light
Maternity clothes? A mixture of both
Sleep? Sleeping well
Symptoms? Still sick to my stomach about once or twice a week (and very emotionally and physically tired of it)
Food cravings? Nothing new lately
Food aversions? Just dinner in general
Gender? Our instincts were totally wrong. We found out on Sunday, August 7 that we will welcome a baby BOY to our family in January! 
Labor signs? No
Belly button in or out? In
What I miss? Feeling fit. I'm at that awkward phase where I just feel chubby and not cute. I have been much more active this time around, out walking 2 miles faithfully every single morning with Eloise and our dog Ruby at 7 am (despite the brutal southern heat), and will continue to do so. But I have always have a hard time initially taking the changes in my body to heart.
What am I looking forward to? The end of the summer. So hot! 
Best moment this week? Definitely finding out the gender. With Eloise we knew the gender before we cut into a pink reveal cake with our families. This time, we waited to find out with our friends at a "Waddle It Be?" themed BBQ. Eloise dropped a bath bomb rubber ducky into water, and we all watched anxiously as it slowly fizzed and eventually changed the water blue. Brad and I were extremely shocked! We can't wait to experience the best of both gender worlds. I loved that Eloise got to participate, too - "duck" is a favorite component of her expanding vocabulary right now. 

No comments: